Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Historic day!

I can't say I've ever felt as simultaneously hopeful and content as I do now about what the future holds. I'm proud to be an American. And, while I've never uttered those words before, I do mean them now. Perhaps it was cultural differences, or the inability to get healthcare on my own, or feeling like an outsider that prevented me from bonding with this place... I don't know. But now I'm certain of at least one thing: We've all matured and a new generation of people and practices that share my values is alive and well. One that cares about service and community, generosity, truth and authenticity. I am so excited to be a part of this time of change.

To add to the excitement of the day, Chris and I signed the title and loan papers for our first home this afternoon. Looking forward to getting the keys Friday!

We'll post new pictures as we get settled. For now, there are a few [here].

No comments:

Post a Comment