Lisa and I get thousands of emails per day asking the origin of this blog's name. Here it is.
A long time ago, I decided that the word "Foo" was a cool way to call someone a fool without really meaning it. So I started calling Lisa a Foo. Then she started calling me a Foo right back. So I had to one up her by adding suffixes to the word Foo. Like FooZilla. Or Fookalope. Or Fookadelphia.
Well one day I got really crazy and called her a FrankenFoo (like frankenstein), and then followed it up with Fookenstein (also like frankenstein). Lisa countered my attack with FookenSteen and something stuck. Then we got our amazing dog Carla and we started calling her Fookensteen... because for some crazy reason it just works.
Well when we learned that Lisa was preggers, we knew that we had to come up with a good nick name for the baby. And "fookenbean" rolled off the tongue because it rhymed with fookensteen. And the baby was also the size of a bean at that time.
And that's the epic, life changing story of this blog's name.
Foo!!
ReplyDeleteHave we arrived at the point where there are now only limited name choices for the baby??? I'm starting to get a little worried.....
ReplyDeletechoose a strong name. Love Kiki
ReplyDelete