Monday, March 23, 2009

Life Changes: 6 Months

We're past the 6 month mark now. Here are a few thoughts for aspiring fathers on what has changed in my life thus far:
  1. I now spend time every day watching Lisa's belly to see if the Bean will move around. Before we were preggers, I didn't watch Lisa's belly at all.
  2. I now spend time every day talking to Lisa's belly. I never talked to it before.
  3. The reading materials stacked on my bedside stand have changed from all time classics like the Sookie Stackhouse novels to books on how to make babies stop crying.
  4. If there is something heavy to lift, I lift it. Before, I used to make Lisa lift everything for me
  5. I'm adding a line item to our budgets called "baby costs", I'm thinking about setting up a college fund and I'm checking my life insurance to see if it's 10x my annual income.
  6. I recently had a 10 minute discussion with Lisa on Baby Shower etiquette. When that conversation was done, it was clear to me that I'm not a kid anymore.
Other than that, life is the same. Yeah I know... just wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment