Friday, March 6, 2009

What a morning!

At 8am I ventured off to the Mission Street Quest Lab to take my RH + glucose tolerance tests. Walked into the small office to see two other people sitting there. I waited a couple seconds for my turn, signed in at the front desk, then turned around to face 18 other people who literally just got off the bus from either a homeless shelter, mental institution or care facility (likely the latter). Wow. San Francisco is so great.

I giggled. Somehow I didn't feel out of place.

Fortunately, though, I spent most of my time in a separate room reading about the Bauhaus' beginning in America and feeling the rollercoaster effects of the hyper-sweet limeade cocktail they fed me.

I then hit Tartine for a cinnamon sugar morning bun and small late to propel me back into a state of normalcy.

Then -- the best part -- I went to my first prenatal yoga class at Yoga Tree on Valencia. It felt soooooo good to stretch out my hips and back -- oh!!! I had been needing that. And, it was ultra cool to be in a room with 25 other pregnant women all going through the same things as me. COOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment