Let's see...
What's changed in the last few days?
- I'm now a lot more proficient at typing with one hand and am developing tricks to handle activities that formerly req'd two hands
- I'm learning to eat and go to the bathroom when the opportunity arises (rather than when the need arises)
- I'm on my iPhone constantly tracking feedings and diaper changes with BabyTracker--so far today there have been six feedings and six diaper changes
- I spend time thinking about opportunities to remove the chipped nailpolish from my fingernails and comb my hair
- I've researched shopping list tools online so Chris and I can coordinate purchases and have started paying attention to online coupons so as to never have to enter a retail store again
- I look forward to 5am feedings when it's just me and the Bean and the gorgeous sunrise over the San Francisco Bay
- I spend hours in amazement of tiny fingers and toes and all the stuff that gets trapped in baby's wrinkled skin
- I subconsciously listen for sounds that resemble snoring, grunting, sighing, smirking, burping and flatulence
Calum has...
- Almost tripled his food intake in the last three days to over 12 oz a day
- Become a lot more alert and connected to us
- Started pooping and peeing more regularly since giving him both formula and breast milk
- Become calmer during diaper changes (especially when he's been fed)
- Had his first bath! Boy, he didn't like that...I won't be posting that video!
- Started sleeping with his arms in the air and resist being swaddled
That's all for now!
Welcome to motherhood!!
ReplyDeleteI love getting these updates- they're just so wonderful and honest and funny and joyous. Love you. Can't wait to meet Calum!
ReplyDeletexo,
Holly