It's kind of amazing that this journey will be coming to an end soon. Yesterday I was out getting groceries and the cashier asked when I was due. "Next week," I said! She was amazed..."Well, I do NOT want to see you in here next week, girl!" Then, this morning the postman delivered a package and asked the same question...
Is something else suppose to happen to me at this point? Am I suppose to turn into a sitting pumpkin, or start looking like I'm overcooked? People are astonished when I tell them next week...like I shouldn't be walking or something. For me, it's weird to be able to say "next week" as well as see their jaws drop when I tell them. Is the surprise I'm seeing just that it's such an amazing event and now it's so close?!
That's how I feel. I can't believe it's so close. Chris' work meetings have been moved around a bit, so now we're free and clear to give birth to this boy come the 17th (latest, by induction).
As of last Monday, there was no new signs he's forthcoming. As of today, I'm 39 weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment