Thursday, March 29, 2012

I'm ready, so ready

It's been a tough few months, but I keep remarking how quickly they've flown by. All of a sudden it seems, I'm having a baby.

We've been dealing with multiple colds, virus', infections, hand foot and mouth disease, roseola and who knows what else. After 9 weeks now of coughing, it's preventing me from sleeping through the night. I fall asleep coughing. I wake up coughing. Who knows how baby girl will adjust to a life where she's not being violently jostled around every two seconds.

Great news is Calum is on the mend. He's been eating a bunch more and will go back to school today for a single day (before everyone departs for spring break for 8 days). Good timing, I know. The same thing happened before Xmas, having missed 10 days preceding the break.

Chris and I went to the first of what's bound to be several non-stress tests yesterday to assess baby's amniotic fluid, heartbeat, etc. since I'm passed my due date now. And, everything looks good so far (minus the off the chart contractions when I had a coughing attack mid-test). Surprisingly, I AM actually having contractions outside of the coughing. In 20 minutes, there were at least four of varying intensity but with no pain. Let's hope they progress--mama needs some hospital r and r time...

1 comment:

  1. Love reading your family blog again. Anxious for the new bean to arrive!

    ReplyDelete