The babies are sleeping.
This is Scarlett's second night of sleeping 8+ hours - from 9ish to 5ish. Amazing. She's such an incredible little girl. Calum has taken to sleeping without a shirt, pants or both on at night. It's keeping him cool. It's possible he's playing quietly in his room right now, like he does with his cars, in between the bed and the nightstand. Sometimes I'll walk in there in the morning, look at the bed, momentarily gasp, then see his little blond head sticking out adjacent the bed on the far side. I'll have to get a picture one of these days...
Scarlett went for her 2 month doctor appointment this week. She weighs 12 lbs. 4 oz. and is in the 95% for both height and weight (75% for head... thank goodness! Prefer this as opposed to the other way around :).
Calum is being super, super sweet with Scarlett. He bounces her when I ask and is my little helper, putting her bottles into the sink, covering her with a blanket, etc. He will often sit along side her in the bouncer and hold her hands with the utmost care, almost as if he's remarking how small and delicate they are. He asks to see her feet and giggles when I reveal them.
I have a fun couple of weeks planned. Going for a girls' tea this Saturday, then celebrating my good friend Traci's wedding Thu / Fri / Sat of next week. The weather has been good, albeit windy. Calum and I are spending good time together in the afternoons after school while Vilma watches Scarlett. Calum's summer break begins June 15.
Oh wow, this is lovely. The part about Calum being so sweet and careful with Scarlett makes me tear up, precious.
ReplyDeleteWe were able to witness this when we were in S.F. It is a tearjerker for sure. I remember when he was fixing Scarlett's hair. So cute!
ReplyDelete