Friday, June 29, 2012

FaceTime with Gma

Today was a rough day, but these pictures make me happy! They're the first ones I've got with just me and the kids (usually I'm the one taking the pictures).

The week has been alright. I need to figure out what to do with child are. It's become totally unaffordable, and I don't feel like I'm getting the time I need to be productive. Even with a full time nanny, I almost always have one child in tow. I'm grateful for being able to spend the summer with Calum and grow our relationship. Just wish I were better at this whole parent thing and was better at giving him what he needs.

Really looking forward to vacation in Idaho and possibly spending it with dad and/or Jen and family in addition to Kiki and Papa Joe! I think we've finally determined our dates. Aim to finalize everything this weekend. Chris got some great grill cookbooks for fathers day that we definitely plan on cooking from!

More news... We are planning on doing a three-day potty training regimen starting with Calum tomorrow. I'm sure there are going to be some great stories that emerge. Part of this approach involves going diaper and pant free for the weekend, up to three months at home. Apparently, toddlers don't like peeing and pooping down the side of their leg. We'll soon see whether that's true of our son ;). I've fully resolved to replace all carpets.

No comments:

Post a Comment