Saturday, April 6, 2013

Update

Well, after a tough day yesterday with Scarlett becoming more listless and dehydrated, she and I made an ER visit last night to refuel her tanks.

By 10pm, I had realized it had been a good 12 hours since she'd had a wet diaper, and her fluid intake had been really low. Everything you read is true; after a short period post Tylenol in the evening when she seemed to be doing slightly better, things went downhill quickly.

We arrived at the ER at 11:45 and by that time she had a fever of 104.2. Tylenol had worn off and she was listless and unhappy. Over the next three and a half hours she was given Tylenol, and IV anti nausea meds and fluids. She was a super-trooper! The whole experience was fairly traumatic for her (and me, cause I have been battling a cold/flu which now seems to be exponentially worse), but I am super proud of her!!

The doctor diagnosed her with a ear and viral infection. We are continuing with Tylenol and ibuprofen and she is also on antibiotics.

1 comment:

  1. Getting her to the ER was a good thing! Raising a child is an ongoing educational experience, that's for sure. Hope that she is doing much better now!

    ReplyDelete