Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Can't sleep.

It's 3am or so and we're in our labor/delivery room and I can't help but think about all the ways life will be different 24hrs from now. All the lights are off except for the baby's heartrate monitor and the little beacon known as my iPhone. The hospital is quiet, the room decent, and our nurses kind and gentle. I miss our Fooks and wish she were snuggling with us here. Chris is sound asleep.

So far I've been given 2 doses of Misoprostal (sp?) and have started to dilate and cramp...exciting! If things continue to go well, they'll start a Pitocin drip at 6am.

Thank you to everyone for your kind words, warm wishes and prayers! You've made this experience so much better for us and will be in our thoughts as we welcome Bean into the world!

2 comments:

  1. Christopher and Lisa, this was the first thing I did this morning. I have been following your account of the Bean since you began. I thought it very thoughtful and sweet for you to share this journey. There will never be another like it. I wish you the best care and attention this hospital can give. Lots of love, Lu and Don

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any chance you can post on your blog every five minutes because that is how often I have been checking it out!! It is so hard not being there and not knowing what is happening every moment. Just know we love you all and pray all goes well.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete