Friday, June 19, 2009

The day after yesterday

They moved us to a recovery room about 2 hours after delivery.

To picture this recovery room, visualize an upscale hotel.

In central russia. In the 70's.

We do have a tv, so we can watch anderson cooper. I wonder if he's... sorry, I'm off topic..

I'm sleeping on a cot. No cot beats a good bed. Fortunately lisa is in a good bed.

The bean has been quiet - lisa has fed him maybe 5 times now. And he has been sleeping the rest of the time. He has a surprising amount of strength in his neck, arms and legs!

Lisa slept a little but not a lot last night. Calum makes little noises every now and then and we of course jump up to see if he is ok. We'll focus on getting lisa and baby lots of sleep today and tonight. Then home tomorrow.

At 4am we performed our first diaper change, and first late night swaddling. We did ok.

Chris

2 comments:

  1. I really laughed when you said that "we of course jump up to see if he is ok." I sure remember those days! No wonder we can not get ahold of you this morning - hopefully you are getting some rest. Sounds like your accommodations are rather interesting, to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad the bean is here. He is gorgeous and smart, and obviously a charmer :) I can not wait to meet him. Please post more more more pictures.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete