Thursday, April 19, 2012

All smiles

I haven't been able to find time to write this week. I think the schedule is catching up with me. More than anything, this girl's eating habits are taking their toll. While she's sleeping several hours at a time at night, she's hungry every 1-2 hours during the day.

Today I just gave myself a rest: Nursed for half the feelings, bottle fed the other.

Everything is going well, except Calum has come down with a cold and me and the baby have thrush (yeast infection). The doctor we saw Monday said the thrush was almost certainly as a result of the antibiotics I had to take up until delivery. I'll be on meds for a month, and even that's no guarantee we'll kick this. At least now I know why nursing has been excruciatingly painful. So, I've decided to go easy on myself. Calum got formula once in a while when he was an infant, and a formula feeding here and there isn't likely to harm Scarlett either. Send good vibes for a speedy recovery--not sure how much longer I'll be able to hang on to the idea that 'breast is best.'

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing pic! So sorry about the thrush, Ug! Any time for acupuncture?

    ReplyDelete